06 January 2013

Review of Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Heartless (Tales of Goldstone  Wood #1)Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


A main character should act, not be acted upon. Princess Una is the most pathetic, passive main character I've read in quite a while. But she's not the only passive one here. The only characters who really act are Aethelbald and the Dragon.

The plot is bizarrely strange too. For some reason, dragon's breath--while poisonous to the point of killing people--can turn someone into a dragon. Oh, and all dragons are evil, just because. The language used to describe them is over-the-top, beating you on the head that they are evil. And ugly too. Because everybody knows that dragons can't be beautiful right?

I wanted to like this book; I really did. But I just couldn't.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment