14 January 2013

The Truth is the Truth


In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. 
George Orwell



All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. 
Arthur Schopenhauer



Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. 
Mahatma Gandhi


The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable. 
James A. Garfield




No matter how many times you tell a lie, it doesn't become true. If you don't believe that, it doesn't really matter. The truth doesn't care what you think of it. As Ghandi said (quoted above), the truth is the truth. Believing doesn't make something true; it's either true or it's not all on its own. This is why I kind of hate movies where the magic doesn't work unless enough people believe in it. Could I walk on air if enough people believed I could? Hollywood tells me I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment