.

Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
10 October 2015
I am the type of writer who rereads, edits, and rewrites everything several times. I believe in polishing and reworking something until it is perfect. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, and I believe that most of my rough drafts need that in order to shine. Like a diamond pulled from a mine, a rough draft needs to be cut and polished before being set in a ring or necklace and shared with the world.

Having said all that, I decided to give "wild writing" a try. In todays' prompt, Morgan Dragonwillow suggests that we try to turn off our brains and just write from the deepest part of ourselves. I wasn't able to exactly stop thinking, but I think I managed a stream of consciousness free verse. I listened to the Piano Guys and just allowed myself to feel. And I didn't rewrite it. This is the raw, unedited words I threw down as I listened.

To get into my headspace, play the video while reading.


I Hide

There’s a fire burning deep within my soul
A raging inferno
But I let no one see
The deepest part of me
A storm of ice and flame
This is who I am
But I care too much what others think
And so I hide


1 comments:

Nithya Venkat said...

Nicely penned.