.

Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
04 October 2015
Today's prompt is magic. With such a broad, open-ended field to play in, I decided to limit myself with a strict form. I settled on the Kyrielle Sonnet because I love sonnets.

Embrace the Darkness

Welcome to the time of year when
Spirits wander in broad daylight,
We all embrace the darkness, and
Magic thrills us all day and night.

The sun is losing all his hold;
He no longer has any right
To prevail o’er all as of old.
Magic thrills us all day and night.

We glory in macabre and grim,
In spooky and weird we delight.
Cobwebs, spiders—ghoulish is “in.”
Magic thrills us all day and night.

Welcome to the time of year when
Magic thrills us all day and night.


2 comments:

Rose Ketring said...

Perfect poem for this time of year :D Well done

sated said...

All through my readings it never dawned on me that magic associated with halloween:) This is a good one.