14 October 2016

OctPoWriMo 14 - Screaming at a Wall

Today's prompt is shameful, and the suggested form is the Villanelle. I love this form and the prompt really resonated with me today. Lately, I have been feeling a lot of frustration over the shameful behaviour of someone whom some of my friends still blindly support. I have gotten into a lot of arguments on Facebook over the last few weeks.

Screaming at a Wall

Sometimes it feels like might makes right
And I am screaming at a wall—
Still I rage against the coming night.

Their arguments all seem so trite,
Caught up in their leader’s thrall:
Sometimes it feels like might makes right.

I kick, I shout, I punch, I bite;
This has devolved into a brawl.
Still I rage against the coming night

He’s not able to be contrite:
A swaggering neanderthal.
Sometimes it feels like might makes right.

I no longer am polite
To their unmitigated gall.
Still I rage against the coming night

I will not give up the fight;
Pride will surely make him fall.
Sometimes it feels like might makes right;
Still I rage against the coming night.


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes there are no good choices. This election would be one of those times. It is hard not to get into arguments sometimes but, overall, everyone should be safe to voice their opinions and realize that not all will share them. I try to just stay out of it because, most of the time, we aren't going to change anyone else's opinion about it.

    All the bickering about it is enough to make one want to scream, that's for sure!

    You did great with this Villanelle. Have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete