30 October 2017

OctPoWriMo 30 - What We Can't Have

Today's prompt is forbidden, and one of the suggested forms is the kyrielle.

What We Can't Have

Enticing me with “Do not touch”;
I yearn to get my hands on it.
When given leave, I don’t care much.
Why do we want what we can’t have?

He does his best to earn the love
From those who should give it freely.
He kneels and cries out to above,
“Why do we want what we can’t have?”

A house, a car, a vacation
Somewhere warm and interesting;
Money, please be my salvation.
Why do we want what we can’t have?

2 comments:

  1. Why do we want it indeed!
    About your second verse, the real question is why do we want it from those who can't give it to us... Or why can't some parents love their children the way they need to be loved to grow into strong adults?
    Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Enticing me with “Do not touch”;
    I yearn to get my hands on it." Human nature, I guess! Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete